“Burma-Women’s Voices for Change”
is the third installment in the “Burma Women’s Voices”
series of books. It is a collection of writings from diverse women
activists from Burma, including refugees, exiles and women inside
The common theme expressed by the diverse writers
in this book, is a strong desire for change in Burma.
These are some of the stories written by women
• A spice trader who became the longest serving
political prisoner in Burma.
• The magical transformation of baby clothes into grenades
and political literature.
• When health care is political resistance.
• Women willing to suffer separation from loved ones so their
country may be reunited.
• A daughter disowned.
• An insider recalled local events that grabbed the world’s
• A husband disappears.
• When a ramshackle school becomes the university of real
• A grandmother passes on her legacy of courage.
• When sex work is part of one’s daily routine.
• Jailed for asking a question.
Read this book. Let their voices be heard.