January to March 2010, the SPDC continued to perpetrate crimes against
humanity and war crimes with total impunity, highlighting the urgent
need for a UN Security Council-mandated Commission of Inquiry into
crimes against humanity and war crimes in Burma.
In the three-month period, the following were documented:
• At least nine victims of extrajudicial killings.
• At least four instances of forced labor.
• An additional 4,100 people were forcibly displaced in military
attacks that targeted civilians.
• At least 11 people subjected to arbitrary imprisonment.
• The continued use of torture.
• At least one case of rape and sexual violence.
• Systematic and widespread persecution of Muslim Rohingya
• At least two children were recruited as child soldiers.